Best answer

Trigger partner failure: The app returned "Missing `client_id`".

• 11 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I built Zapier oAuth2 with my web app. I tested it in the Test Your Authentication and it is working fine. I created a trigger to fetch data and built a Google Docs zap (add row to sheet). I tested the zap and it was adding data to the sheet. 

After few hours I started receiving these emails :

“ Trigger partner failure: The app returned "Missing `client_id`". What happened (You are seeing this because you are an admin): Stack trace: ResponseError: {"status":400,"headers":{"content-type":"application/json; charset=utf-8","retry-after":null},"content":"{\"message\":\"Missing `client_id`\"}","request":{"url":"(MY ACTUAL URL)"}} at (cont...)” 

In the Access Token Request I am passing the client_id.
In the Refresh Token Request I am not passing the client_id. Just the refresh_token and grant_type. 

I cant seem to understand this. I am new to building integrations. Can you please help.

icon

Best answer by connorz 11 December 2023, 15:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Abdul Rahman , 

From your description, it sounds like this error might be happening in the refresh token request

Many APIs require that you pass a client_id in the refresh request.

If you haven’t already done so, I might suggest the following:

1. Check your integration’s “Application” credentials to make sure the client_id has been set (it sounds like it has, but it might be worth double-checking)
  2. Check the documentation for the API you’re using to see if it requires the client_id to be passed in the refresh request
  3. If the API does expect the client_id in the refresh request, edit the integration’s refresh request to add the client_id

If that doesn’t help, feel free to reach out to our Platform Support team: https://developer.zapier.com/contact

If you reach out out to our team, please share a link to the API documentation you’re working from (if possible).