Best answer

Rest hook url not triggering no action on post data after publishing the zap.

• 18 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi Team,
I am implementing integration of my app on zap, I want to send mail on gmail whenever any new lead comes in my app.
I created trigger with Rest Hook.
While testing zapier, provided me a hook url, I copied this url in my application and sending the data in json format.
When I am trying to test the trigger its working fine but when I  create a new zap and fill the gmail send mail record it’s sending the email but when i publish it and hit the hook url nothing happens.
I am not getting what is wrong, I am totally new.
Help me to fix this, may be i am not finding the right approach or missing something.

icon

Best answer by ZapProspect 5 September 2023, 13:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @ZapProspect , 

Thanks so much for sharing those super helpful screenshots. 

I noticed that the payload in Postman is formatted as an array of objects and that, in the developer platform, the Perform is returning an array as well—[bundle.cleanedRequest]

I suspect this is causing the Perform to return an array of arrays (of objects) rather than the expected array of objects. 

If you haven’t already done so, it might help to try removing the brackets from the Perform’s return—bundle.cleanedRequest

Also, it might help to check the Monitoring tab in the developer platform. If an error is occurring after the Zap receives the hook, it should be surfaced there.

Hey @ZapProspect , 

Thanks so much for sharing those super helpful screenshots. 

I noticed that the payload in Postman is formatted as an array of objects and that, in the developer platform, the Perform is returning an array as well—[bundle.cleanedRequest]

I suspect this is causing the Perform to return an array of arrays (of objects) rather than the expected array of objects. 

If you haven’t already done so, it might help to try removing the brackets from the Perform’s return—bundle.cleanedRequest

Also, it might help to check the Monitoring tab in the developer platform. If an error is occurring after the Zap receives the hook, it should be surfaced there.

Thanks For kind help, Issue was related to list, I was sending list through Hook Url and that was not accepting, I send the object and it worked fine.
Thanks a lot.