Question

Quickbooks App Extension PUT is not sending Authorization header

• 23 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am thrilled to see the custom App Extensions feature as part of Zapier.  However, I am trying to use it with Quickbooks and seem to have run into a problem.

I am simply trying to “SEND” an estimate.  Zapier has a good integration with QBO already, but is sadly missing this very important function.

When using the App Extensions for a GET request, everything works fine.  But when I try a PUT request it fails with error 405.  From the QBO developer docs it appears that an “Authorization” header is missing.  Below are the responses provided by Zapier for each request.

{
"request": {
"method": "GET",
"url": "https://quickbooks.api.intuit.com/v3/company/<realmID>/estimate/669",
"querystring": {},
"headers": {},
"body": ""
},
"response": {
"status": 200,
"headers": {
"date": "Fri, 23 Jun 2023 21:21:00 GMT",
"content-type": "application/json;charset=utf-8",
"transfer-encoding": "chunked",
"connection": "keep-alive",
"intuit_tid": "<deleted>",
"x-spanid": "<deleted>",
"x-amzn-trace-id": "<deleted>",
"x-content-type-options": "nosniff",
"x-xss-protection": "1; mode=block",
"qbo-version": "2007.158",
"service-time": "total=80, db=23",
"expires": "0",
"content-encoding": "gzip",
"cache-control": "max-age=0, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, private",
"x-envoy-upstream-service-time": "109",
"strict-transport-security": "max-age=31536000",
"server": "envoy"
},
"data": {
"Estimate": {
"ExpirationDate": "2023-07-23",
"domain": "QBO",
"sparse": false,

However, when using a PUT request, I get a 405 error.

{
"request": {
"method": "PUT",
"url": "https://quickbooks.api.intuit.com/v3/company/<realmID>/estimate/669/send",
"querystring": {},
"headers": {},
"body": "{\n\"sparse\": true, \n\"EmailStatus\": \"NeedToSend\",\n}"
},
"response": {
"status": 400,
"headers": {
"date": "Fri, 23 Jun 2023 21:06:33 GMT",
"content-type": "application/json",
"content-length": "236",
"connection": "keep-alive",
"intuit_tid": "<deleted>",
"x-spanid": "<deleted>",
"x-amzn-trace-id": "<deleted>",
"x-content-type-options": "nosniff",
"x-envoy-upstream-service-time": "46",
"strict-transport-security": "max-age=31536000",
"server": "envoy"
},
"data": {
"Fault": {
"Error": [
{
"Message": "Unsupported Operation",
"Detail": "Operation No resource method found for PUT, return 405 with Allow header is not supported.",
"code": "500"
}
],
"type": "ValidationFault"
},
"time": "2023-06-23T14:06:33.695-07:00"
},
"body": "{\"Fault\":{\"Error\":[{\"Message\":\"Unsupported Operation\",\"Detail\":\"Operation No resource method found for PUT, return 405 with Allow header is not supported.\",\"code\":\"500\"}],\"type\":\"ValidationFault\"},\"time\":\"2023-06-23T14:06:33.695-07:00\"}"
}
}

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out in community and sorry to hear you’re running into this!

I hope you don't mind, I’m going to move your question to our Code & Webhooks forum. Full transparency, since the App Extensions is a slightly more advanced approach support and troubleshooting for these zaps will be limited. That being said, this is the best home for your question since this is where our more savvy community members tend to hang. 🙂

Thanks again!

Let's address the issue and find a solution:

1. Review PUT Request:

• Double-check the configuration of the PUT request in the custom App Extension. Ensure that all the required parameters and headers, including the "Authorization" header, are correctly set up.
  2. Verify Authorization:

• Confirm that the authentication method used in the PUT request is appropriate for the QuickBooks Online API. QBO often requires OAuth 1.0a or OAuth 2.0 authentication. Ensure that you have the correct credentials and tokens for authorization.
  3. Check Endpoint URL:

• Review the endpoint URL used in the PUT request. Make sure it matches the QBO API documentation and points to the correct resource for sending an estimate.
  4. Test in API Client:

• Consider testing the PUT request using an API client or tool like Postman. This can help you verify if the issue is specific to the App Extension or if there are any errors with the request itself.
  5. Consult Zapier Support:

• If you're unable to identify the cause of the error, contact Zapier support for assistance. They can review your App Extension setup and provide guidance on resolving the issue.

💡 Expert Suggestion:

• For expert help and reliable solutions related to custom App Extensions and QuickBooks integration, you can consult Zapier experts. They are experienced in working with Zapier and various APIs, including QuickBooks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zayn mol 

Within the App Ext, there is info about how to give feedback:

App Extensions (Beta) extends the capabilities of existing Zapier integrations.
Learn how to build an App Extension with the help docs tutorial.
If you are looking for more help with building App Extensions, please set up a time to chat here, or write directly to lisa.orr@zapier.com.