Another one bites the Google graveyard: how to automate your printing without Google Cloud Print

• 26 March 2021
  • 1 reply
Another one bites the Google graveyard: how to automate your printing without Google Cloud Print
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Zapier Staff
  • 4 replies

Hi! Deb here, from the Zapier blog. A lot of our readers relied on Google Cloud Print for automating their printing. But now that it’s met its fate, you might be looking for other options. Our staff writer Justin did some digging and came up with a few options.

Google Cloud Print is no more—here's what to do

Right now, we have one main suggestion for a Zapier-connected alternative: ezeep Blue. With that app, you can do things like automatically print email attachments or automatically print all documents moved to a particular cloud storage folder.

There are also some other workarounds, like this one suggested by a Zapier community member.

If you have any other suggestions for GCP alternatives, let me know here, and we might update the article to include it. Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi there, I posted the same comment in another thread here: 

This may only apply to a few people but I wanted to share a simple solution I have found that solves a lot of my newfound problems now that cloud print is deprecated. I was using google cloud print to print the body of receipts that I was receiving by email (where the receipt is included in the body, as opposed to as an attachment).

It looks like cloudconvert does a really good job of converting the HTML body from gmail to a pdf, and from there I upload the file to a google drive.

Here is a very basic version of the zap I use: https://zapier.com/shared/6c1e074979bf65a99086ed97daf20ac3f7fa8041

Hope this helps someone!