Question

Zapier Trigger/Rest hook not working

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’m a c# developer, and I’m new to Zapier integration.

After a lot of trial & error, I’ve decided to ask for help.

1)  I created a Zapier Integration app, with actions for subscribe and unsubscribe.

2)  I created a new REST HOOK trigger, configured the subscribe/unsubscribe urls and configured Zapier so that I can get the target_url {{bundle.targetUrl}} wich is saved by my application.

3) when the event happens in my app, I call all the subscription urls. Is this the correct behaviour?

My call is a simple POST, a json array of modified objects.

The url I call is something like: 
https://hooks.zapier.com/hooks/standard/1111111111/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/

The response I get seems ok:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<id>xxxxxxx</id>
<request_id>yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy</request_id>
<attempt>yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy</attempt>
<status>success</status>

The trigger log shows no errors (and 1 hook).

...but when I use my trigger in a new Zap (for example, “When I create a new object in my app => create a new appointment on Google Calendar), nothing happens.

There is probably something wrong in my call (despite the “success” status of the response), but I don’t know exactly what. Maybe Zapier wants some authentication? Or maybe I didn’t include some mandatory information in the call?

Please can you help me?

Thank you very much.

Barmassimo

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

I am experiencing the EXACT same issue? Did you end up figuring anything out?

Userlevel 1

Hi WebinarKit, 
    yes: in my notification call, I used an array with one object (the object just created).

It seems that this is wrong: you have to send only one object. For example:

WRONG: [{ id:1, description: ”hello”}]
CORRECT: { id:1, description: ”hello”}

This makes sense, because you send one notification for each new object (that’s different from polling, where you have to send an array with the latest objects you created).

Next challenge is how to do the updates. Any idea?

Hope this helps,

Barmassimo

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks for letting us know this worked for you, Barmassimo!

If you’re still having trouble, @WebinarKit , let us know in a new post or contact our world-class developer support team.