Best answer

Zapier logging is not working properly

• 29 November 2019
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I'm trying to fix an issue in a webhook trigger so I turn to logging everything via z.console.log to find out what is going wrong.

Here's how the operations bit look like in my trigger module:

operation: {

type: 'hook',

performSubscribe: subscribeHook,

performUnsubscribe: unsubscribeHook,

perform: getItem,

performList: listItems,

sample: sample

}

So, I enable the test zap, fire the webhook and I expect to see some logs when I run the cli command "zapier logs".

Running the command, sometimes it gets me a 503 error, saying "Logs are temporarily unavailable, please wait 15 minutes and try again". Some other times it does return things but I would only see logs from the "performSubscribe" function and nothing from the "perform" or the"performList" functions.

I have set a send mail action in the test Zap and I do get an email when I fire the hook, so am I right to presume that one those "perform" functions are indeed being called?

I have a z.console.log on the very first line of both those functions so if they are being called there should be a line in the logs.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 29 November 2019, 13:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @tavana

With an error like that, you'll probably get a quicker response/resolution on this by opening a support ticket (contact@zapier.com). Support is 24/7, but may be a little slower this week due to Thanksgiving.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @tavana!

503 errors with services (include Zapier's logging) are usually temporary service problems, and tend to fix themselves in a relatively short space of time.

If you haven't yet submitted a Support ticket let me know and I can escalate this post for you

Thank you Andrew & Danvers

I did submit a support ticket as you suggested.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @tavana thanks for letting us know - I'd love to hear what the outcome is so we know what the problem was 🙂