Question

Why is number string being interpreted as a date in Zapier?

• 13 August 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello-

Here are the details of my issue.

I have a trigger that executes and then action will follow it and do a particular work.
In this trigger we have a filed named as  “insured_insured_id”. This field is string in nature.
End user can put either number or alphanumeric. e.g 100698 or 123ABC .
When user enter number like 100698 , zapier gives the following error.

Field "insured_insured_id" is not a valid ISO-8601 date in latest task (task ID: 00a2cd57-0646-ad14-83b6-fe2f097714e1).

We are very close to publish over application but this issue is the main hurdle.
Kindly help to fix this bug.

I am also attaching the images for reference.

Many Thanks-

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

cc: @ikbelkirasan 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @NowCerts - Try checking the sample & the output fields definition in the trigger and see if the field insured_insured_id has the same type as in the latest task.

Userlevel 1

@ikbelkirasan , thanks for your reply.
I am attaching four images for your reference .In sampling it is in string.
In real time data it is in string. Kindly refer to these images and please suggest a possible solution.

Let me know if you need more explanation/control.

Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@NowCerts - Thanks for the additional screenshots!

Actually, what I meant was in the Zapier Platform. If you go to Triggers <Your Trigger Name> → API Configuration then scroll down to the Step 3 Define your Output, you’ll see the Sample Data and the Output fields. Any field in both of them needs to have the same type as in the latest task to remove that warning. Hope this makes sense.

Userlevel 1

@ikbelkirasan ,

I am not using that field in output sampling.I am attaching the image for reference.

Kindly guide in this case.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@NowCerts What if you add that field to the sample then run the check again? Let me know if that fixes the issue. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

@ikbelkirasan -
I tried your suggestion, but its still the same error.I am attaching the images for reference.

Kindly guide in this case.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

@ikbelkirasan ..waiting for your reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@NowCerts Hmm well, in that case, I’m not sure what’s causing it. Try contacting the support here https://zapier.com/app/get-help, they can take a look at your app and provide better answers.