Best answer

When I connect a new account, it's already logged in

• 9 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Zapier. I’m in the process of developing a Zapier integration, and have a small issue. Everytime I try to connect a new account (when building a test-zap) - I use this button “Connect a new account”:

Then for a short period of time, this window appears:

And if I’m already logged in, the window closes again!

To fix this, I can create new accounts in Incognito window - but is it possilbe to set-up the oAuth flow so that it does auto-log in to the already connected account (so the button can work as intended)? 

icon

Best answer by alexb 9 January 2021, 10:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@alexb I think you’ll have to log out from your service before adding a new OAuth connection. I believe the reason why the window closes itself is that when you’re logged in, the API automatically calls the redirect_uri which signals Zapier to fetch the access token for the already logged in account.

Userlevel 2
Badge

That is probably what happens, and in 9/10 cases I think it makes sense.

I will use incognito - but would love to see some kind of logout before trying to get the token.

Thanks again :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You’re welcome :)

Well, I think Zapier can do nothing about this because it has no access to other site cookies or storage in your browser. So yeah, Incognito should be the way to go!