Best answer

What should I fill in here: Enter an API endpoint URL to test authentication credentials, ideally on

• 27 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Enter an API endpoint URL to test authentication credentials, ideally one needing no configuration such as /me.

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 27 November 2019, 13:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @peacetoallsouls

Here you should put the the URL of any endpoint from the API you’re trying to connect with. Ideally one that doesn’t require any input parameters - so perhaps one that retrieves account/profile information.

Which API is it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there, @peacetoallsouls - it looks like your question is about building an integration for Zapier, I've moved it to the Developer Discussion category so that it gets the right eyes on it 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @peacetoallsouls - This should be any endpoint from your API that requires an authenticated user. Ideally, as pointed out by @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu , it should be one that retrieves the authenticated user profile info. Also, I wanted to add that you can use the output from this test to add a connection label. For example, a test endpoint returns the following object.

image.png

The connection label field is configured like this:

image.pngThe connection label is composed of first_name and last_name that were retrieved from the test endpoint response as you can see in the following screenshot.

image.png