Best answer

What is Zapier sending me for subscribe resthook? (PHP)

• 13 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

I’m working in PHP and trying to set up a resthook for the subscribeHook method. I’ve got everything working great, and when Zapier hits my endpoint, it passes the API key correctly and creates a record in the database. The trouble is that the info I need (hook_url) is empty!

Currently, I am expecting to find that information simply in the $_POST array as such:

$this->subscription_model->add_subscription( 'zapier', 'product_added', $_POST['product_id'], $_POST['hook_url'] );

Here is the subscribe configuration:

subscribe configuration

Do I need to be grabbing this data differently? One problem is I am not sure how to inspect the contents of what is being sent.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

icon

Best answer by Jack 13 April 2020, 01:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

I did actually figure this out. I’ll share some of my code in the hope that it is useful for others.

$body = file_get_contents('php://input');
$data = json_decode($body, true);
$this->subscription_model->add_subscription( 'zapier', 'product_added', $data['product_id'], $data['hook_url'] );

I am just a somewhat newer developer and this was my first experience with using some of these concepts.

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for sharing the above code @Jack ! I’m sure this will be handy for other users. 

Happy to help should you have any other questions!