Our integration uses rest hooks on our end to support triggers in Zapier for our customers, e.g, when X event happens, we `POST` some data to Zapier. Something we see happen rarely is that two events will happen within quick succession, we’ll `POST` both events in the order that they happened, but they then might be executed in a different order. Here’s an example scenario:
- Event A happens in our app and is `POST`ed to the customer’s Zap
- Event B happens in our app <5s later and is `POST`ed to the customer’s Zap
- Event B is processed by Zapier
- Event A is processed by Zapier
These events being processed in a non-chronological order can lead to old data overriding new data if both events pertain to the same record.
My questions are:
- Are triggers guaranteed to be processed in the order they are received?
- If not, is it possible to specify an order of execution for triggers?
- Failing that, is there a suggested workaround?
Thanks in advance!