Question

Splitting text giving me more outputs

• 8 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Hey everyone,

So I formatted a line that comes in when someones registers for camp on shopify. I seperate with a “,” and only want the name of the camp. But using the split, it gives me two outputs. But, I only want the first. Even though I configure that step by asking only the first segment. When using the action ‘send to google sheet’ it still gives me both values (output 1 & 2) separated with a “,”. I don’t understand why this is happening.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide a screenshot of how the Zap step is configured.

What is the desired output? (e.g. only “Skatekamp”)

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Jcgrowthmedia could you share the screenshot of this part:

I think then it is way easier to help :) Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Jcgrowthmedia!

Looks like you’ve got a great conversation going with our Support team and they’re helping you out with this! If you have any further questions you can reply to that thread :)

I suspect they’re on the right track with it being related to your mapped field being line items from Shopify. While it may look like it’s just comma-separated and that you could split on that, they’re in a slightly different format. Support’s suggestion is what I’d recommend as well:

If that is the step - you could try changing it to a Formatter > Utilities > Line Item to Text action - which would split the line items into Text fields (and you could use the First output item).

The previous lines I already corrected manually, but the last line is how is looks. You see in the row ‘KAMP’ it mentions the output twice.

Thanks for helping

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @Jcgrowthmedia 

I think you use the field of the shopify zap in your “Kamp” field again. What you should refer to is the elements from the formatter that you just split:

Can you try this?

I’ve used utilities to choose one of both outputs!

It worked. Thanks all for contributing, you guys are the best.