Best answer

setting the URLs to used based on a static dropdown selection during authentication phase

• 2 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’d like to show the users a drop down list when they are setting their connection and based on their selection to set two “global variables” each will contain a URL.

I tried to

• set the value to an attribute on process.env 
  • set the value to an attribute on bundle.authData
  • created computed fields and set the value during the authentication phase

none of these worked for me.

What’s the best way to achieve it?

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by Danvers 22 June 2020, 17:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I think that this one is going to be a little tricky for us to solve in the community so I’ve escalated this to the Support Team. Someone will be in touch via email as soon as possible!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If a dev has a similar question, here’s what our Support Team said:

Computed fields should be the way to go here...

It looks like you are setting both env variables and computed fields - you won't need to do both, the authData properties will continue to persist for each connection a user creates in Zapier.

You should also just need to compute these authData properties in the Access Token method. You can use inputData properties to generate your Authorization URL, and the saved authData properties for your Refresh token, and anywhere else in the app you need them.