Best answer

Send {{bundle.inputData.name}} in trigger request

• 27 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi Folks,

I created an app on zapier (dummy name) “xyz”.

I am a developer of “xyz” app who is integrating the “xyz” plugin into zapier.

I configured this app by selecting the authentication method as “API Key Authentication”. While configuring it, I provided the API endpoint URL. 

I want to store the data that I get from my APIs and want to use them while firing triggers.

My API response after authentication

{token:”ASDEQWEADS123123QADASDADASD”}

I have set {{bundle.inputData.token}} to Connection Label.

But now firing any trigger of action’s form ‘s field, I want to send this token to my API.

But didn’t receive the “token” key in whole bundle object (this was only containing - auth form data & action form data)

headers: {
    'bundleData': JSON.stringify(bundle)
},
Currently using - API Key Authentication Method

Please help

icon

Best answer by Zane 27 July 2021, 21:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you are exchanging user credentials for a token, look at the session auth config rather than API key auth config. API key auth just takes the info the user provided and allows you to include it in a header or param. Session auth allows you to exchange a user name and password for a token, and will handle making that token available in bundle.authData.* which is what it sounds like you are looking for.

Please do not include tokens or any secret material in the connection label. This will leak secrets in clear text in the UI.