Question

How do I test an app that makes REST calls to a private server for a CRM application triggered by Twitter mentions?

• 10 May 2023
  • 1 reply

In order to publish our app, we need to get it tested by you first. But there are a few things i want to ask. We created our zapier app to make rest calls to our rest service. We have a crm application. And in zapier, if there is a mention in twitter about our crm app, we make a rest call to our rest service. Rest service and the database are on a private server. Can we use zapier like this? If we can, how can you test our zapier app?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @alperentan,

It seems like you've already been in contact with one of our amazing Platform Support Engineers. They've provided the latest response to your query:

In order to get your app published, there are a few criteria that needs to be met in relation to testing your integration. 

1. Each action/trigger event needs to have at least a single successful run. This means that you'll need to head over to your Zapier account, and create a Zap that uses your action events and have it run one time successfully. 

Since this uses the URL that is supplied in bundle.authData.adress then this should not be a problem as you have a valid account with Deneme. 

2. Test credentials

As part of the app review process, you'll also need to supply Zapier with a valid test account. For more details on the requirements of this account, check out this page here.

Typically, what other app developers will do is create a Zapier environment on their app for us to use. You'll need to issue us credentials using the email address integration-testing@zapier.com. And finally, this staging environment should have no restrictions to any of its features as well. 

These test accounts are used by our support team when mutual customers write in for assistance, these credentials can help us verify whether the issue might be seen on other Deneme accounts or if maybe this issue is isolated to the user.

I suggest continuing the conversation with our dedicated Platform Support Engineers via email. They'll be able to assist you further and take a closer look at your specific situation.

Thanks! 😊