Best answer

Problem Testing Oauth2 using "Test your Authentication"

• 15 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I am trying to setup my custom app on Zapier partner dashboard using Oauth2.

I have provided/setup all information correctly using their documentation for Oauth2. But if fails when I try to test it using the “Test your Authentication” area.

I added some logs to my backend to trace the API calls. So it follows the below steps :

1. Zapier makes a GET /authorise request, which redirects the user to our webapp login page
  2. User authenticates on our webapp and then confirms/consents to the authorisation request
  3. Our backend issues a valid “Authorisation Code” to Zapier for it to ask for “Access Token” using the “Authorisation Code”
  4. Zapier sends a POST /token request to get the access token and valid “Access Token” is returned
  5. And then immediately Zapier again sends a /token request, this time as GET request and not POST, and as expected our backend returns a 405 error as GET method is not supported for /token request.

So I am wondering why Zapier is adding the extra GET  call for /token request? Is there anything I am doing wrong from the setup point of view?

icon

Best answer by abubakr 13 April 2021, 13:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@abubakr 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu  - I managed to resolve it, thanks.