Best answer

Polling : Get all data before looking for new entries / updates

• 8 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’m working on an integration and I would like to add the result of my API call to a Google spreadsheet and then check for new entries or updates. The problem is that when I setup the trigger I have to test it and that automatically adds the first element of my returned array to the spreadsheet. It means that it will only check for updates on this element instead of all the elements of the array returned by the API. Is there a way to add those elements to my spreadsheet ? 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Zane 8 February 2021, 16:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Zaps do not do bulk data ingestion, and don’t try and backfill existing data automatically.  Zaps work by handling each new object/event produced by the trigger individually, as they are produced.  In other words, Zaps work by handing objects/events produced from the moment the Zap is turned on and after.  

That said, and with an understanding of that principle, here’s a workaround example of an approach to backfill data via a Zap. https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/bulk-import-data-into-zaps