Question

Overwriting sample data for existing integration when new JSON data is inserted

• 29 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

we are trying to overwrite the sample data in the output of an existing integration.  Whenever we insert new JSON data, after reloading the page the data is overwritten.

Where are we going wrong?

Regards
Andreas

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Couple quick things to rule out:

• Are you clicking save before refreshing the page? Changes to the integration definition don’t get auto-saved.
  • Is the version locked? If your integration version is public or if you have 5 or more Zap references using the integration you won’t be able to change the version directly. You’ll need to clone a copy, make the changes to the new version, test, migrate users to it, and promote it.  You’ll see messages like the attached at the top of the page:

It does look like we should be locking the sample input down so it’s clear that it’s not editable, but we’re not. I’ll open a bug for that. 

Userlevel 1

Hello,

of course I have saved before :)

The integration is private and has no 5 users, but unfortunately it still does not work. I have tested the same with a clone, unfortunately without success.

Regards
Andreas

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, got it!  Thanks for the follow up. I was able to reproduce and have opened a bug on it. I’ll post here when we get it addressed.  Thanks for raising the issue. 

Hello @Andreas.K ,

I wanted to follow up on this issue!

We pushed a fix that should be available now, it should address the issue you have been seeing. Please let us know if the issue still persists.

If not, I also wanted to verify if the Sample Data you are passing in is correct JSON.

Thanks again for raising the issue and for your patience. 

Stan