Best answer

OAuth 2.0 Token only authentication?

• 27 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I am attempting to add my own API for the program of paylocity. 

The documentation can be found here: https://docs.paylocity.com/weblink/guides/Paylocity_Web_Services_API/Paylocity_Web_Services_API.htm#section/Authorization

Where I am lost is that Zapier platform is requiring an authentication url. However, the url on the documentation for the Paylocity API it states that it uses the grant type of “client_credentials”.

I am able to successfully request a access token on Postman but when I enter all the same information on the Zapier platform, the required fields are throwing me off. Postman did not require an authentication url and the API documentation does not give me one.

Any advice?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 28 March 2020, 10:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @TApplegate - I haven’t tested this but maybe you could get it working using Session auth instead of OAuth2 since it doesn’t require end user interaction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @TApplegate! Were you able to make this work using @ikbelkirasan solution? It’d be great to know if it did!