Question

Line group item does not show up in the Zap

• 9 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi

I have 2 line group items in my action but 1 of the 2 does not show when I create a zap.

See the screenshots below:

You can see here 2 groups : Vendors & Buyers

But only Buyers is showing

API configuration

I hope the problem is clear. I am fairly new to Zapier.

Thanks for any help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Movely 

Is this a custom integration that you are building? If so, can you please share a screenshot of where you defined your field names as well as full screenshots of the input fields? we are not getting enough information to diagnose what could be the issue. 

@Movely 

Is this a custom integration that you are building? If so, can you please share a screenshot of where you defined your field names as well as full screenshots of the input fields? we are not getting enough information to diagnose what could be the issue. 

Yes this is a custom integration. Do you mean this ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Movely 

I would suggest changing your line item keys to be unique. It seems like there might be a bug in the UI builder that doesn’t allow two line items to exist and stay line items. 

In attempting to recreate this i was able to get two distinct input fields in the Zap by doing the following

However, it then messed up my output… Note the text fields but no line items for vendor were returned (i am just outputting bundle.inputData

Perhaps @Zane  can shed some light on this behavior? I understand that Zapier can only render unique keys on the front end and get how having two “first_name” keys could cause a conflict but would think that vendors.first_name & buyers.first_name would be different or that you could use two line items in a zap set up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I would suggest changing your line item keys to be unique. It seems like there might be a bug in the UI builder that doesn’t allow two line items to exist and stay line items.

This is true. Give all fields a unique key, regardless of whether they are children. I think this is more a function of the Zap Editor’s behavior, rather than the developer tooling. 

As I was putting together a test to validate I experienced some funky behavior as I’d make a change to the line item definition in the integration, and then returned to the Zap to retest. The arrays were not getting emitted. I realized if I delete the Zap and created a new one things started behaving as I expected. Something about the sample or mapping is getting cached, I’m guessing. For that weird behavior you’re seeing (apart from the non-unique key issue) try testing with a fresh Zap. If it’s still behaving oddly reach out to support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Zane 

Thank you for the insight!