Question

Limit Polling Results

• 1 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a simple poll set up that returns data in reverse-chronological order. The id field is a combination of item id and timestamp so that Zapier can deduplicate.

However, how do I handle future calls that don’t need to return the entire data set over and over. I didn’t see any changed since options that I would have expected.

I searched but could not find any results on this.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @matthewcharlesb 👋

I see our wonderful Support folks already answered this for you and I’ll cross-post here for others in the Community.

After removing duplicates, a polling trigger would be limited to the next 100 new items by default. If there are more items returned, end-users get an email and a message in their Zap history about held Zap runs.

This is a Zapier Operating Constraint that's documented here: https://platform.zapier.com/docs/constraints#polling-trigger-throttle-zapier

We have some best practices in there, but if your API supports it, Rest Hook Triggers are a better option if you expect more new records returned in every poll. Remember polling frequency depends on a user’s plan.