Question

Is it possible to clean user's selected option in dynamic dropdown after change selected option from other dynamic dropdown?

• 24 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

So I have 3 dynamic dropdown list which depended each other, for example:

When user select option from list 1 then → list 2 appearing with values option according to selected value from list 1.

When user select option from list 2 then → list 3 appearing with values option according to selected value from list 2.

So far so good and i success to manage it using the relevant API calls and the “alter dynamic” option.

My problem start when after all those steps above, if the user change again the selected option from list1, then my expected result will expose only the new values in list 2 where list 3 should be disappearing. In addition, the previous selected value from list 2 should be clean as well.

Is it possible to implement it?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @HadarR 

What app are you using?

Seems like more logic would need to be put in place to detect dropdown option changes and reset the other dependent dropdowns using the APIs.

Based on what you’ve described that seems to be possible with front-end scripting.

However, Zapier is mostly suited towards back-end scripting of data between apps.

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thanks for answer me, lets ask something else, assume that we have one static dropdown list called List-A and another dynamic field which return dropdown called List-B according to user’s select option in List-A. If the user change his selected option in List-A then another API calls should be made for List-B (this actually work fine), my problem is the display selected value in List-B which not “clean” to the default after changing value in List-A.

Do you know how to resolved it? Do you know how to clean the selected value in List-B after changing selected value in List-A?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thanks for answer me, lets ask something else, assume that we have one static dropdown list called List-A and another dynamic field which return dropdown called List-B according to user’s select option in List-A. If the user change his selected option in List-A then another API calls should be made for List-B (this actually work fine), my problem is the display selected value in List-B which not “clean” to the default after changing value in List-A.

Do you know how to resolved it? Do you know how to clean the selected value in List-B after changing selected value in List-A?

Curious if you found the answer to this?