Question

Integrating a private app and Zapier

• 30 June 2020
  • 2 replies

I have an application (we had it built as I’m not tech-savvy) that a client asked if we could integrate using Zapier.  We’d like to learn what’s involved in doing this . . . can anyone advise what’s involved or who / how / where to go to get help with this?  Thanks in advance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Depends on your app.

Your app will need to have an API.

If it does, then you can build a Zapier integration in 2 ways:

1. Zapier has visual tools to create a Zapier App for ___name-of-your-app___. But that approach only works if your app does not allow customers to customize data fields and objects in your app.
  2. Zapier has a JavaScript SDK which can be used to build highly dynamic App integrations with Zapier.

You can find people who can build Zapier integrations for you in the Partners area of Zapier’s website.

However, you may also have to expose an API for you app first.

Learn more at zapier.com/developer

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @BillDoerr I’ll second what @khakman said, 1. you need an API for your app which is a way to authenticate users access and then interact with your app from another system. 

There is a third option which is for more tech-savvy clients. It puts the burden of building the integration off of you and your app and onto your clients. However, this option still needs an API that your users can authenticate to and interact with your app using webhook calls

Like @khakman suggested you can reach out to folks on the https://zapier.com/experts/  page or post a job offer in this community under the work offered category