update

Important update to the Developer Discussion category!

• 13 August 2020
  • 0 replies
Important update to the Developer Discussion category!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

As of today, August 13th of 2020, the Developer Discussion category will be exclusively for discussing integrations being built on the Zapier developer platform. We had previously allowed topics about Code and Webhook steps here, but those will (for now) be handled in Ask the Community.

FAQs

Why are you changing things?

This change is part of a larger endeavor to move some other developer resources into Community, from their current location in a Slack channel. We’re looking to remove any excess noise that’s not specifically about building integrations on our developer platform.

Do I have to be a developer to post here?

For right now, there are no specific requirements for you to have published, or even started, an integration on Zapier. It will likely just be the case that if you post here, that you’ve tried our developer platform.

NOTE: In the not-so-distant future, we will make the Developer Discussion limited to community members who have the Developer role in our Community system (which will happen automatically as long as you’ve followed the process below). 

At that time, as long as you’ve gone to our https://zapier.com/platform, clicked on My Integrations in the top right and done this...

… you’ll be considered a developer for the purposes of posting here.

But that’s not happening yet!

What if I’m not sure whether something is possible with the developer platform? Can I ask that here?

For now, yes! The folks who hang out here are the most qualified to answer your questions.

Once we limit this category to users who’ve been flagged as “developers” you’ll have a couple of options in this case:

1. You can go to the link I posted above and agree to that popup, in which case you can then post here with no problem.
  2. You can post in Ask the Community and, if we deem it appropriate, we can move it to the Developer Discussion.

Will Code and Webhook always be in the Ask the Community category?

We realize it’s not an ideal place to have those questions, but for now, that’s the interim step we’re taking. In the future, we’ll be considering how to better categorize topics in general, including the more advanced questions about code, webhooks, databases, RegEx, etc.

If I have more questions/comments/concerns, how can I voice those?

Feel free to direct message me if you have anything else you’d like to ask or add :)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.