Best answer

How to use OAUTH2 to authenticate to Push data to my App?

• 15 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I want to build an Integration with Hiro.FM that allows Zapier users to ingest data into their Hiro account. I’ve spent a couple of days reading the Zap developer docs and feel a little overwhelmed.

In order for a Zap to authenticate with HIRO, I presume HIRO needs to run an OAuth Provider.  I’ve been able to set this up and can exchange request tokens for access tokens. I’ve not been able  get this authentication working with the Zapier Dashbaord.

My first question - How do I use the Zapier redirect URI in my code? My Express route looks like this,

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by David Mercer 17 June 2020, 17:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

I’m making some incremental progress with authenticating my Zap Integration with my WebApp…

Integration Authenticaiton Test launches the WebApp screen blow.
The Google SSO works and selecting “I’m OK with this!”...
I get an access token back.

I’m not sure how to use this access_token next. Can anyone indicate what to do with this next with this token?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@morningtundra You don’t need to build the Authentication Code yourself.  In the Visual Builder you select the Authentication type and simply fill out the form.

Since your new to the developer platform, I recommend the following training: https://www.udemy.com/course/zapier-visual-builder/

Thanks for your response David. I’ve been able to get Basic and Session Auth working, but my question is really about the need for an Oauth2 “Provider” to perform token generation (e.g.  node-oauth2-server etc.). The consensus seems to be to either use a SAAS or deploy your own.