how to tell the Zapier platform that an object is an okay response

• 20 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Certified Zapier Expert
  • 6 replies

Hi guys,

I have developed an integration in Zapier Platform but I am getting this error when I use it in zap.

Screenshot 2019-11-20 21.53.05.pngwhen I was testing the API in Postman I got a successful message.

Screenshot 2019-11-20 20.06.59.pngAnyone know how to tell the Zapier platform that an object is an okay response in this case?

icon

Best answer by Vera 22 November 2019, 06:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’m not sure, but just guessing here that you could do the webhook call within a code step and either return the object or parse the object to deliver it (return from the code step) as an array.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Oops just for a clarification I am not doing a webhook in a zap but a code in an application/integration

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Paging @ikbelkirasan for help here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone,

Triggers and searches require arrays as output. Objects are required as output in actions.

Is this a custom integration? If so, create an array that contains a single item which is the response object and return it instead.

Triggers and searches usually return multiple results which would run multiple instances of the zap in parallel. That's the reason why an array is required.

Ikbel

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ikbelkirasan yeah it's a custom integration. And thanks for clarification.

the solution in my case is this:

Screenshot 2019-11-22 06.28.02.png