Best answer

How to display the webhook URL in a custom app "hook" trigger?

• 9 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hey everyone!

So, in a custom Zapier integration hook trigger, is it possible to make it show the webhook URL in the UI instead of calling performSubscribe? A similar behavior can be seen in WooCommerce app triggers. I need this because in some APIs (like Dropbox), it isn't possible to subscribe a webhook programmatically which means that the user has to copy/paste the webhook URL manually in their app dashboard.

Any ideas on how to achieve that? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 11 April 2020, 20:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there!

I just wanted to clarify something. Are you referring to this in the WooCommerce integration (now only in their legacy integration, since they recently updated it to no longer use this method):

Is this what you’re looking to do, where a URL is provided and you would then copy it and use it in the app from which you’re sending data? Or were you looking to do something different? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nicksimard - Thanks for your response!

Yep, that’s exactly what I’m referring to. Is that possible? Is there an undocumented configuration that would allow to achieve that?

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

After experimenting a little bit more, it turned out that performSubscribe is not required for the trigger to work. The solution was so simple, I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t thought of it before. So I just omitted performSubscribe and performUnsubscribe from the trigger definition and it worked!