Question

How to disable Zap after multiple 404 errors?

Hello,

I have created a trigger over CLI for form submissions and everything works fine, but the thing is that sometimes users delete those forms and Zaps are not able to retrieve response for those (getting error 404). Are there any settings to disable those Zaps after getting those errors or something to handle this in a way to not trying to request them over and over. In current situation I see a lot of repeating 404 errors for same cases over and over without disabling Zap.

Thanks in advance

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @galicone 

Good question.

What are you Zap steps? (screenshots)

This might be more about Zap logic design.

Often Zap search steps have an option to continue if not found.

Best to enable that, then add another Zap step: Filter

This would allow the Zap to fail gracefully by being filtered out.

Hi Troy,

Here is a screenshot if you meant this:

But I am not sure is it related to my problem. Let me try to explain through this example from screenshot:

When I create this Zap it will get form submissions by polling REST endpoint added through code (CLI integration). If I delete this form from database it will not be able to retrieve form submissions anymore but will get error 404 on polling. I am curious is there a way (by adding some property in code or so) to disable this Zap if it continue to get error 404 over and over since there is no sense to call it anymore. Currently it is trying to fetch data over and over every minute or so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@galicone 

Would need to see all the Zap steps as it’s unclear what apps are being used and what Zap step the screenshot relates to.

I can’t see our customer’s Zaps. I thought that is something which can be set in code from side of creator of integration, but seems like it is from side who uses our integration and creates Zap if I am right

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@galicone 

If the end users configures bad Zap logic, then errors can occur in Zap steps.

Might be best to reach out the Zapier Platform support for additional help: partners@zapier.com

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @galicone 👋

I see you’ve reached out to Platform Support team for help with this and they suggested using z.errors in your app to deactivate a Zap if it returns consistent errors, like a 404. This would be a method to catch and handle the error: https://github.com/zapier/zapier-platform/blob/master/packages/cli/README.md#zerrors 

For questions about your app’s setup specifically, I’d recommend you continue in that Support thread 👍