Best answer

How to disable dynamic filed

• 7 September 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m working on a Zapier Integration and wanted to disable dynamic fields when previous one is empty like google sheet does

As of now I’m been looking around Zapier UI and CLI documentation but did not find the answear that I’m looking for, by using altersDynamicFields it only show error message on my end like the screenshot below

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 8 September 2022, 07:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @haind

I don’t believe you’re able to disable fields like that in Google Sheets, which is one of a few integrations we have that have what you might call special powers.

I think what you’ll want to do is set your inputFields to be a function that only adds the Funnel Step field if something is filled in in the Mail List field. You’ll want to make sure altersDynamicFields is set to true on the Mail List field so that when it’s changed it will re-compute inputFields.

If you set it up that way then Funnel Step won’t be visible until something is selected in Mail List. Does that make sense? Let me know how that goes for you!

@shalgrim 

Thank that make whole lot of sense to me, I did try out dynamic fields this morning but I don’t think that it is the best way to deal with my situation, might stick with altersDynamicFields for now