Best answer

How do I select all rows for next step

• 5 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello all

I’m trying to build an Zapier intergration app. I tried to creating a trigger(polling) to get and return list of users.

example:

[
{
id: 1,
name: "name 1"
},
{
id: 2,
name: "name 2"
},
{
id: 3,
},
{
id: 4,
}
]

But when I create a Zap, Step create trigger→ test trigger. I can't choose list of users, can only select a single row for next step, I want my trigger can send all rows to next step(like create multiple row to spreadsheet)

I was thinking of creating a new array containing a single element which is the users array. But is that the right solution?

icon

Best answer by MarinaH 5 October 2022, 19:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @phu.dang 

This depends on the data you are getting, it has to be an array already so you can do the line items

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @phu.dang 👋

By design a trigger would fire the Zap once for every record/user. Zapier expects to receive a JSON formatted array with the results in reverse chronological order. Zapier will then parse the results and return all new items from Triggers that pass Zapier’s deduper. More on deduplication here: https://platform.zapier.com/docs/dedupe 

Each new item would trigger the Zap, so if the array contained multiple new users, each should trigger the Zap once you turn it on to run live.

It sounds like you may be testing the trigger in the Zap Editor (before turning it on) by pulling in a trigger sample - that is expected to show one item at a time, not all the items in the array.