Question

How do I get the test data to work?

• 18 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Problem

I can’t seem to get the test data to work when testing a trigger we’ve created and I’m confused as to how I can dynamically set the sample data. 

Background

We’ve built a trigger that has a lot of static fields in the sample file. We have the ability to narrow those fields significantly if we could dynamically pull by a parameter. How do I dynamically pull for the sample file? How can I also get the test data trigger to work. Right now it just shows static sample data. We update our database when a zap fires so a request wont work more than once. Im just confused as to how the sample file and the test data should work. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @joncorrin - Thanks for writing into us today. It sounds like we’d need more information to help you here. Could you send a screenshot of the Zap you’re working on? Also, have you tried turning on the Zap to see if it fires live even though the sample data is showing up when your creating the Zap?

Thanks!