Question

How do I create zaps for my App's users which uses my App's Zapier integration as a trigger, and their own social Media as the action (without them making their own Zapier Account)?

• 6 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I have Integrated my application with Zapier so that it can be used as a trigger when a user makes a change on their account dashboard.

I would like to setup an automated Instagram post to their business Instagram account when they make a certain change.

So my question is:

Is it possible set up zaps on behalf of my app's users this way or any other way? The “Zap” would use my app's Zapier integration as a trigger, and a post to their Instagram as the action.

We want to have customers sign in to their Instagram account from our website using Oauth, ideally facilitated through Zapier, and once this is done, a Zap is essentially setup automatically without them having to make a Zapier account and setup the zap themselves. I desperately want to go the route of using Zapier because a. The Instagram GRAPH API seems to be under heavy construction and we, as a small team of developers, cannot get it working for ourselves, so we want to use Zapier as the middle man. Use of Zapier also interests us as we can easily add other social media platforms by taking advantage of Zapier which already has them integrated. We also wanted to the same for twitter, but they aren’t even accepting developer account request right now since they are working on version 2 of their API.

Thanks Zapier team!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lathika310 

Good question.

That is likely against the Zapier Terms of Service: https://zapier.com/tos

(E) otherwise use the Service or Software outside of the scope of the rights expressly granted herein. You agree to use the Service and Software only for your own internal business operations, and not to transfer, distribute, sell, republish, resell, lease, sublease, license, sub-license or assign the Service or use the Service for the operation of a service bureau or time-sharing service.