Question

How do I connect the custom api I prepared to Zapier?

• 24 August 2022
  • 1 reply

In Webhooks by Zapier integration,When I send a request with a parameter to the api I prepared, I get the following error.

Failed to create a request in Webhooks by Zapier
ExternalHTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.domainname.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/user/AddCustomer (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<useful.request_extras.ExternalHTTPSConnection object at 0x7fb6ce65c7c0>, 'Connection to api.onuncuada.net timed out. (connect timeout=39)'))
show less

Do I need to authorize Zapier to access my api? Or what other route should I follow?

I need urgent help on the matter.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Onur 🖐

The Webhooks by Zapier application allows you to send that request to wherever you like, but your best bet to find out how to structure that request will be the destination application's API documentation. Once you've established the structure that you need to send that request, I'd recommend using a third party tool such as Postman to send the request you're wanting to that URL to make sure that you're able to get the response you want, then replicate that in the Webhooks action.  

From that error message, it appears that the endpoint is taking longer than 30 seconds to return a response. 

You also mentioned authorizing Zapier - if you need to add authentication structure to webhook calls, you may be better off building a custom app integration using Zapier's Developer Platform: https://zapier.com/platform