Question

How can I connect other Google Calendars to my zap?

• 6 April 2020
  • 2 replies

I'm using Google Calendar with Zapier Webhooks.

I've connected my Google Calendar to my zap but I would like to use other people's calendars who sign in with social sign-in on my web app.

How can this be done?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Berni,

If I’m understanding correctly you’re trying to access the calendar of users who’ve signed into your app using a social login feature (using Gmail). The way Zapier works is you can only access the apps if you connect the accounts directly within Zapier.

If there is a way to pass that data through to a Zap it would likely include some dev work either before the Zap happens or possibly using code within the Zap. I’m going to move this thread to the Developer Discussion forum, as we’ve got folks there who may have experience with something like this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

To wrap this one up, this is the response from our support team that appears to have solved the problem:

Sorry to hear you're having trouble setting up your Zap. In order to trigger off of Events in Google Calendar, you need read and edit permissions for the connected calendar. You won't be able to trigger off of someone else's private calendar. Instead, you'll want to make sure all events are added to a shared calendar that is connected to your Zap. Is that the case? If so, your Zap should be set up correctly.

@Berni did that end up working for you?