Best answer

How can I add user email on the authenticated account, "Connection Label" does not work ?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m working on developing a Zapier integration, and have a question regarding the “connection label”.

I read through the docs here, but I can’t seem to get it to work (so it displays the users email).

Currently I have this in the connection label:

{{bundle.inputData["https://21risk.com/email"]}}

I would expect this to display the email of the authenticated user, based on this response from my test API call:

{
"https://21risk.com/email": "ab@21risk.com",
}

But I don’t see anything here:

Did I misunderstand something from the documentation here?

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 8 January 2021, 16:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Tagging in @ikbelkirasan to help here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@alexb - In the test step of the authentication, make sure to return the email address that you want to use as a connection label. So, if you put it in a key named email then just set the connection label to {{email}}

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for helping out. Our app is using oAuth - what do you mean by the last auth step?

a bit new to zapier - so thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@alexb - No problem! Feel free to ask questions.

Actually, I said in the test step, not the last. This one is used to verify that the access token is valid and usually it should return info about the authenticated user. You can map a field from the output of this step to be used as the connection label.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ahhh that makes sense! Sorry for not picking up that important detail 🧐

Im working towards the review process - I love the “are you ready” tests 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Awesome! Good luck with that :sunglasses:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @ikbelkirasan - sorry to bother you again. 

But I can’t get it to work. 

Is this what you mean?

Or did I misunderstand something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@alexb - Yeah, that’s what I meant. I’ve just made a test app and it worked fine with fake data.

Try adding a new connection and see if it works.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Adding a new account did the trick - thanks!

Do you know if I somehow can get the e-mail for the existing connections? Or should I just delete/create?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Great!

Well, I’m not sure but you might have to recreate them. Have you tried reconnecting them?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I will just delete and recreate, thanks for the help :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

My pleasure! :)