Question

Getting Error "We hit an error adding your new account"

I am going to publish zapier custom integration.

Using API Authentication, I tried to setup my endpoint url to accept the api key generated by my backend.

I have tested it on POSTMAN, and it was working well. But when I was trying to test authentication on zapier integration, it is displaying “We hit an error adding your new account in zapier”

authentication failed: The app returned "503". What happened (You are seeing this because you are an admin): Stack trace: ResponseError: {"status":503,"headers":{"content-type":"text/html; charset=UTF-8","retry-after":null},"content":"<!DOCTYPE HTML>\n<html lang=\"en-US\">\n<head>\n <meta http-equiv=\"X-UA-Compatible\" content=\"IE=Edge\" />\n <meta name=\"robots\" content=\"noindex, nofollow\" />\n <meta name=\"viewport\…" 

So this does not allow me to test any triggers and actions.
I am not sure what the problem is. 
Do I need to upgrade my plan to create the zapier integration? 
Please let me know if you have any ideas.
Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Ilya Nikiforov 

No, you do not need to upgrade your Zapier account to build a Zapier integration. It is difficult to help you further without knowing your endpoints, api documentation, or the requests that you are making. The 503 response is something that indicates your server is not able to handle the request. 

Thanks for your reply.
As I mentioned, Then API is working well. I have tested in POSTMAN. And it is working well.
So the 5XX errors are only related to our server.
Do I need to enable something on my server side that should accept your zapier request?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’d start by closely comparing the logs of the http request generated by your Zapier integration with console output from Postman. Something’s different. Maybe a header different or missing? Content type?

In the Zapier developer UI you can see HTTP logs in the Monitoring section.

In Postman click “console” at the bottom of the UI. 

Also note that Postman requests are originating from your workstation, where Zapier requests are originating in the cloud and connecting to your server over the internet. Sometimes that has implications on the behavior.