Best answer

Dropdown field in "Connect an Account" form

• 24 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello :)

Im currently setting up a new integration and Im using Session Auth

aside from username, password  and api_key, I also need the user to provide the country_code when creating a new connection, because we have different API for each country

e.g

• au-api.domain.com for Australia
  • us-api.domain.com for United States
  • nz-api.domain.com for New Zealand
  • uk-api.domain.com for United Kingdom

The api url is being built dynamically based on the value of bundle.authData.country_code like

const options = {
url: bundle.authData.country_code + '-api.domain.com/auth',

The Problem

when the user sets up a new connection, the country_code field shows up as a plain text field

our manager wants that field to be a dropdown which contains each of those countries (vs having to type manually the codes)

I’ve been digging the documentation for quite sometime now, https://zapier.com/developer/documentation/v2/app-dev-guide/#authentication-configuration

but cant find a way on how to make it a dropdown.

Hope someone had happen to have such use-case?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 29 April 2020, 18:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @tilidarwin ,

Thanks for reaching out - happy to help!

Here is the docs link you will want to use: https://platform.zapier.com/docs/session.

Are you using Platform UI version or CLI? It is currently not possible to use a dropdown like this in the UI version but I can certainly add you to the feature request. If you are using CLI, this dropdown should be possible using the above documentation. 

Please keep us posted if the above docs do the trick or if you have any additional questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @tilidarwin ,

Checking in to see if you were squared away with your app here! I see you were working with Support but they were running into an issue with the test account. 

If you are still encountering any issues on your end or are having any trouble receiving Support emails, just let us know and we’ll be happy to help!