I am creating a new app on Zapier for our company Shipup. The goal of the app is to simplify the connection of our webhooks to other apps on Zapier. Here is an example of the logic we would like to follow:
- We receive a new “event” from one of our partner
- We send a webhook to the URL specified by the client (a zap url in this case)
- The Zap is configured to run specific actions according to the payload of the webhook
The issue is that Zapier seems to force a user authentification when creating a new app but we don’t have any since we are only using webhooks. So I’m blocked on the first phase of the app creation and can’t find the option to set the authentification to “no-auth“.
Would anyone from the community be able to provide some guidance on how to navigate around this issue?
Best answer by ikbelkirasan
Step 1: Configure your Fields
In the input fields list, add a field and set its key to “name” and label to “Name”.
Step 2: Configure a Test Request & Connection Label
- Switch to Code mode and put this code snippet:
- Set the Connection Label field to
Step 3: Test your Authentication
Now you can test the authentication, you’ll be asked to fill in the name field. Its value will be used as a connection label.