Best answer

bundle.meta.zap.id is string with subscription id

• 14 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

bundle.meta.zap.id - Now this property changed to string and now passing the subscription ID as

“{subscription:<id>}” -. I would like to confirm this id value will only the numbers right?

Ex: “subscription:321423”. it will not hold any other character right ? ex “subscription:3a1/2@B”

icon

Best answer by SamB 19 October 2021, 10:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Dhilip,

The subscription ID is currently numeric, but there’s always the possibility that this may need to be altered at some point in the future. If that happens no notice or deprecation period would be provided so it may be best to treat it as if it may contain other characters.

Hope that helps to clarify! :)

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the update @SamB. Will plan accordingly.

Why not prior notice or deprecation period? As a developer how can I be more confidence while developing with zap? 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the update @SamB. Will plan accordingly.

Why not prior notice or deprecation period? As a developer how can I be more confidence while developing with zap? 

@SamB  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Good question, @Dhilip! To be honest, I’m not 100% sure on the reason behind the lack of notice/deprecation period for changes like this. I totally agree though, it would make more sense to flag that sort of change in advance!

I’ve passed your comments here over to the relevant teams for consideration. I can’t promise anything but all feedback is considered when making improvements to the Developer Platform. :)