Best answer

Best way to provide suggestions for text field

• 14 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m currently developing a Zapier integration for Condens. I have a couple of fields that I load dynamically from our server and that accept multiple text values. These text values will in most cases by from a list of pre-defined values, but it’s also possible to add ones that aren’t on that list. I’m wondering how to best support that in the UI.

If I set the choices property in the field spec to my list then it’s hard/impossible to select a value that isn’t on the list.

Basically what I’m looking for is a way to show those item on the list as suggestions, but still allowing to select different ones. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Zane 15 October 2021, 18:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think the most straightforward answer here is for the user to use a “custom value” in that circumstance. 

I think the most straightforward answer here is for the user to use a “custom value” in that circumstance. 

Thanks for the reply. I actually really tried, but couldn’t figure out how to do this myself before you showed me.