Best answer

Are custom integrations supported as a Transfer destination?

• 13 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Background

I have written a two custom integrations via the Zapier CLI:

• The first integration App-A has a REST hook trigger and a perform list trigger
  • The second integration App-B has an action that ‘creates’ a new resource

Both integrations are for internal use and have not been published.

I have successfully created a Zap to to trigger when a new resource is added to App-A and then creates a new resource in App-B

Issue

I would like to use these apps in a Transfer to seed existing data before enabling the Zap that is triggered on updates. I can create a Transfer using App-A as the source, however App-B is not listed in the list of available destination apps.

The support article Which apps does Transfer support? indicates that any existing app can be used as a destination:

Destination apps are the apps that you transfer data to. Any existing Zapier app with an action can act as a destination for your transfer.

The support article also specifies a number of requirements for source applications, but does not mention any requirements for destination applications.

How do I get a custom integration to show up in the list of destination apps when creating a new Transfer?

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 15 December 2022, 00:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @warner,

Transfer doesn't support private apps as destinations and we don't have current plans to add that functionality.

I know that’s not the answer you want to hear, and I’m sorry you ran into docs that didn’t make this clear. We’ve alerted the team responsible for that documentation about this case.

Let us know if you have more questions

Thanks @shalgrim for responding so quickly and alerting the team responsible for the doco.

Rather than use transfer I’ll stick with a regular zap for now.