Question

App approval process by Zapier: Test vs Prod environment

• 14 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello, I’m planning to submit my app for review. I have developed integration using test environment, we have production environment as well. Can we submit our app working on the test system and after review process, deploy integration into prod, can we change the connection parameters after? My policy is we cannot allow users to use zapier unless we get our app approved on zapier. Is it possible? and I want to know the right way of handling this kind of setup being reviewed.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Technically, no. Zapier will want to see that your integration runs properly in its production configuration before making it available to all users in the App Directory.

However before your integration is published you have complete control over access - no one can use it unless you explicitly invite them to use/test it.  In that respect I don’t think you have an exposure.  I’d get a few testers to thoroughly validate your integration with its production configuration and publish that.