Best answer

Add file field type to a app action

Dear Zapier community,

I'm writing you regarding a integration to which we are trying to add a file upload field, which would allow to upload a file.

The endpoint is expecting three parameters:

The file name,

the file content,

the file extension.

We developed this integration via the graphical interface and not via CLI.

How can we add the file upload field to our integration?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Matias García

Systems Architect

icon

Best answer by Zane 7 May 2022, 02:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You’ll need to install the Zapier CLI and import your project there. Building Zapier integrations that support files requires building with the CLI. It’s one of a few “advanced” features only available in the CLI - which really just means the CLI is better suited for the code you’re going to need to write and test. 

It’s super easy to move your project to the CLI. The guide for doing that is here.

From there you can follow the docs on file handling starting here, with a full example here.

Hi Zane! Thank you for you response.
I made this. Now I'm working with file field types to upload file. I am basing on this example: https://github.com/zapier/zapier-platform/tree/master/example-apps/files, but i can’t get the file content type, because the action receive a url, and i dont know how can get the content-type from url.
Culd you helpme?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MatoGarcia! I know that it might be tricky for Zane to get back to this conversation in the near future, so if you need some additional help it would be best to use the dedicated contact form within the Developer platform: here: https://developer.zapier.com/contact. If you include a link to this thread in the Community, that’ll help to give them some context without you having to explain everything from the beginning. Thanks and good luck with your integration!