Best answer

Action output

• 21 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I'm seeing a warning about missing action sample output for one of the actions I've created. I read in docs that actions should have some output data, however in this case, backend API doesn't return any data, so I'm wondering what to do about warning. Adding some dummy output doesn't seem right (as is adding piece of input data)... Thank you!

icon

Best answer by ksasa 28 January 2020, 08:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ksasa!

Could you maybe share a bit more about what you're trying to do here? What does your app do and what is the action that you're trying to build? That will give us some ideas of what your next steps might be. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hello Danvers,

The thing is, I've created an action in Zapier that works just fine, but there was that warning (I mentioned above) that I wanted to sort out before publishing... Action in question is to create new record, however API call returns only success status, without any data. So I decided to create action output that will contain information required to identify new (created) record. And warning disappeared... Thank you for prompt response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Sounds great, nice work!