Best answer

Action dependent on an ID

• 7 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi, I have seen one issue constantly coming up whenever I’ve to build a custom action.

Scenario: I am building a custom action which creates an order but the order has to be created against a customer therefor, it requires customer_id in the request body. Customer ID is a readonly field and resides inside the app X.

But if we trigger data from app Y into app X to create an order it won’t work since it requires customer_id.

Is there a way to handle this scenario? In the past I’ave made use of Look-Up table but that workaround doesn’t work most of the times?

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 8 November 2020, 12:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello - What app are you using?

The most common workaround for the workflow you are describing however, is to first look for the customer and sending their ID along with the request to create the order

Would this be possible?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @andywingrave - Thank you for your reply. I am using Booqable. Booqable’s zapier app has actions which only deals with customer side of the CRM and nothing on the order.

How can we look for the customer and send their ID along? Can you please elaborate?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can you not use one of these actions before creating the order? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@andywingrave - Thanks a lot.