Webhooks by Zapier: New records aren’t being pulled into the Zap

• 13 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

This post was split from the topic: Zapier Tables won't load new test data

I’m getting a similar issue where new records aren’t being pulled into the zap. 

I tried sending 8 tests through for Jul 13, but only one made it onto the list. Is it possibly because the data is coming in too quickly?  I would think that if the zap is running correctly that it could use that data to build out the zap. 

What I’d really like is for the ‘find new records’ to be able to show the same info that ‘zap runs’ has processed so we can stress test the Zap before making it live.  Thanks for your support! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Mitchb, welcome to the Community! 🙂

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve split your reply out into it’s own topic as it appears to relate to pulling in new records on a Webhooks by Zapier trigger, rather than a Zapier Tables trigger specifically. 

Was the Zap switched on and running at the same time that the you were attempting to pull in a new test sample? If so were the records you wanted too have available for testing were triggered on instead of being loaded into the list of test records? If that’s the case I suspect when it looked for new test records to pull in it ignored them as it had already “seen” them when they triggered the Zap. Do you think that could be the case here?

If so, can you try turning off the Zap, then try to pull in some new test records by sending over the necessary webhooks to the Zap with the record information that you want to test with. I’m thinking that should then allow the Zap to see the new test records.

I can totally understand the desire to have the records in the Zap History available to select as test records within the Zap. I know I’d find that useful myself! So I’ve passed your comments here over to the Product Team for consideration. I can’t make any promises around when that would be implemented but we’ll be sure to share an update here in Community when and if that functionality does get added.

Hopefully turning off the Zap while you pull in the test records should help to get it working. I’ve not tested that out myself so please do keep us updated on how that goes!

Userlevel 1

ok great!  Yes, I believe that it was ‘on’ Thank you.