Question

State abbreviation required but state name given

• 29 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Failed to create a request in Webhooks by Zapier

The app returned "data.state: Michigan is not an acceptable value! Must be one of: AL,AK,AZ,AR,CA,CO,CT,DE,DC,FL,GA,HI,ID,IL,IN,IA,KS,KY,LA,ME,MD,MA,MI,MN,MS,MO,MT,NE,NV,NH,NJ,NM,NY,NC,ND,OH,OK,OR,PA,RI,SC,SD,TN,TX,UT,...". data.state: Michigan is not an acceptable value! Must be one of: AL,AK,AZ,AR,CA,CO,CT,DE,DC,FL,GA,HI,ID,IL,IN,IA,KS,KY,LA,ME,MD,MA,MI,MN,MS,MO,MT,NE,NV,NH,NJ,NM,NY,NC,ND,OH,OK,OR,PA,RI,SC,SD,TN,TX,UT,VT,VA,WA,WV,WI,WY,PR

show less

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @MrLead 👋, I think I need a bit more context here. Can you please tell me some more details on what exactly you’re looking to do with this Zap or a specific question? Is this something you are looking to put a feature request in for or an error you are trying to find a workaround for? 

The app returned "data.state: Michigan is not an acceptable value! Must be one of: AL,AK,AZ,AR,CA,CO,CT,DE,DC,FL,GA,HI,ID,IL,IN,IA,KS,KY,LA,ME,MD,MA,MI,MN,MS,MO,MT,NE,NV,NH,NJ,NM,NY,NC,ND,OH,OK,OR,PA,RI,SC,SD,TN,TX,UT,...".

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MrLead!

It looks like the app you’re sending the data to is expecting an abbreviation of the state name rather than the full name, to fix this, you’ll need to send the abbreviation.

If you don’t have the state abbreviation from the existing data in the Zap, you could use Formatter by Zapier to create a lookup table. The table will match the name of the state to the correct abbreviation, which you can then add to the webhook. 

Here’s how you need to set up the Lookup table:

You can learn more about using the Lookup table in the help guide Create Lookup tables in Zaps