Question

Shopify webhooks not triggering Zap

• 23 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I created a Zap between a Shopify Webhook and Gmail. When an oder’s shipping is updated, then an email is sent out to the customer with the tracking number.

It Works perfectly when testing the Zap and verifying that all the things are working. When I test it, the email is CC’d to me and it works, but it’s not triggering on it’s own. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jmacman 

Check your Zap Runs history details for triggered Zaps and possible errors: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1

No Zap history and no errors at all. It works when I test and triggers, but doesn’t work automatically when triggered. No errors appear. 

Userlevel 1

I switched from using GMail to deliver the email to Zapier SMTP and  using my GMail Workspace SMTP and nothing. Perhaps GMail is blocking this some kind of way, because Zapier mail is working fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jmacman

If the Zap doesn’t trigger, then no email will be sent.

If the Zap isn't triggering, then that means the webhook event is not being fired by Shopify.

I would suggest checking your webhook configuration in Shopify since that’s the app setup to fire the webhook: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/notifications/webhooks

Userlevel 1

The webhook is being fired off, because the Zapier Mail is triggering the emails. I used the same webhook for the GMail. I’d rather use Gmail over Zapier as GMail would be more reliable. I literally copied the same webhook. 

Perhaps there is some kind of rule to using the same webhook? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jmacman 

Ah ok, every Zap that uses a Webhook trigger has a different webhook unique ID in the webhook URL.

You’ll need to update Shopify with the new Webhook for the new Zap.

TIP: Best to label your Zaps with the unique ID of the Webhook so that you can search among your Zaps.