Best answer

Is Zapier - or IPAAS - a good fit for my use case

• 6 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have some micro-services and servers that will generate events, and I want to ping other services as a result.

My default is to reach for EBS (RabbitMQ for example) to handle the job: service A drops a message on the bus, Service B picks it up.

However, unlike previous engagements, I’m dealing with a small on-prem stack and a lot of SaaS providers.

Is Zapier - or IPAAS - a good fit?

Use Cases

• Notification of event $x from a service A to service B.
  • Creating an issue in gitlab on alert of an issue in deployment.
  • Create a ticket in customer ticket system on alert of an issue with account or process.

Thank you in advance for your time.

bdunbar

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 27 April 2021, 02:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @bdunbar!

I suppose that depends on what the non-SaaS applications are and whether you’d be able to connect to them via something like these:

I’m going to move this to our Code & Webhooks forum, where it will get more traction with the folks who have more advanced use cases with Zapier :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @bdunbar,

Since this was a little while ago, I wanted to check in to see if you’d managed to create the desired workflows or whether you still needed help here? Please let us know!