Skip to main content
Question

How to fill out the fields in Twilio API request in Zapier correctly?

• 11 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I'm trying to automate WhatsApp messages to customers via Twilio using Zapier.
I chose POST in the HTTP Method field, inserted correct URL, and the problem is Body section. It also might be Query String Parameters section as I'm not sure if I should put information there.

The message is already in Twilio templates and approved by WhatsApp, but it has variables and I think this might be the problem.

I tried different content in the Body (putting the whole encoded message, putting message SID, as on the picture, writing parameters both to the Body and separately to Query String Parameters (for the latest example of parameter's input see the picture below).

r/zapier - How to fill out the fields in API request in Twilio on Zapier correctly?

Twilio always giving me different problems. The most recent one (the one given to the body on the picture) is "21619 A Message Body, Media URL or Content SID is required" even though the Content SID is there.

r/zapier - How to fill out the fields in API request in Twilio on Zapier correctly?

I don't have experience in coding so it's challenging for me to solve this problem. I understand it might be a syntax issue but I tried to put the Body in different ways and it never works.

Would really appreciate the help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JuliaChessed 

For us to have more context, post full screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in EDIT mode, along with the link to the Twilio API endpoint you used to configure the HTTP request in the Zap step.